Journey to Leadership Awards
SAVE THE DATE! Our 2024 Journey to Leadership Awards luncheon is scheduled for Thursday, April 25, 2024.
The Ventura County Leadership Academy Journey to Leadership Awards luncheon is the premier Ventura County event, recognizing leaders in the business, education, non-profit, and public sectors who have made an exceptional impact in our community.
Nominate a Ventura County leader today! Nominations are being accepted until Friday, November 17, 2023.
Nomination criteria and categories include:
- Alumni of the Year is recognized as a leader or emerging leader in the Ventura County community and is a graduate of the VCLA program
- Business of the Year models a culture of community support through economic development and charitable work utilizing creativity and innovation as a business leader
- Educational Leader of the Year guides and prepares talents and energies through educational leadership that demonstrates and promotes equity, diversity and academic excellence
- Non-Profit Leader of the Year is recognized for outstanding and sustained accomplishments advancing a public benefit mission, engages the community, and has a reputation of excellence
- Public Sector Leader of the Year is recognized for her/his outstanding accomplishments and reputation of excellence in providing services to the Ventura County community
Save the date for our upcoming luncheon!
Sponsor the Journey to Leadership Awards Luncheon
Sponsors of this event gain visibility and increased brand awareness through logo and material presence during the event, in media outreach and supporting materials.
Place a congratulatory ad for one or more of our honorees
Place a 1/4- page congratulatory ad in our full color program. The deadline for ad commitments is March 31st, 2023, so submit your ad today!
Purchase your ticket to the Journey to Leadership Awards Luncheon
Join us as we come together on Thursday, April 27th at the Serra Center in Camarillo to celebrate these local leaders at our annual awards luncheon.
our 2023 Journey to Leadership Awards honorees
Business Leader of the Year – Bruce Stenslie, President & CEO, Economic Development Collaborative (EDC)
Educational Leader of the Year – Dr. Julius O. Sokenu, President, Moorpark College
Non-Profit Leader of the Year – Elena Brokaw, Executive Director, Museum of Ventura County
Public Sector Leader of the Year – Scott Whitney, Chief Investigator, Ventura County District Attorney's Office
Alumna of the Year – Amanda Fagan (Cohort XXIII), Director of Planning and Sustainability, Ventura County Transportation Commission
Founder's Award – Herbert Gooch, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Political Science, California Lutheran University
Thank you to our 2023 sponsors
Since July of 2002, VCLA has been celebrating those who are living our mission of strengthening our county. These leaders from the business, education, nonprofit, and public sectors represent the best of Ventura County.
This event helps raise funds to support the many experiences each Cohort participates in each month, and for that we thank our many event sponsors.
Dr. Steven Elson
Premier America Credit Union
Child Development Resources of Ventura County
Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families
Western States Petroleum Association
The Zierhut Group
Montecito Bank & Trust
Al Lowe Construction
Mid Valley Properties
California Lutheran University School of Management
Coast General Insurance Brokers
RRM Design Group
Logix Federal Credit Union
Reiter's Affiliated Companies
Cohen Land Use Law
California State University Channel Islands
Gold Coast Transit District