Nominations NOW being accepted!
Nominations are now being accepted for our 2021 Journey to Leadership Awards event scheduled for Thursday, April 29, 2021.
Ventura County Leadership Academy is accepting nominations for the 2021 Journey to Leadership Awards, which is celebrating 26 years of leadership. Past honorees include Bill & Elise Kearney, Rudy Gonzales with Southern California Edison, and Andrew Salinas with the City of Port Hueneme Police Department, among others. You can view all of our past honorees at https://vcleadership.org/jtl-pasthonorees/
The award categories and nomination criteria are as follows:
- Alumni of the Year must be a graduate of VCLA and be recognized as a leader or emerging leader in the Ventura County community
- Business of the Year models a culture of community support through economic development and charitable work utilizing creativity and innovation as a business leader
- Educational Leader of the Year guides and prepares talents and energies through educational leadership that demonstrates and promotes equality, diversity and academic excellence
- Non-Profit Leader of the Year recognizes outstanding and sustained accomplishments that advances its public benefit mission, engages the community and has a reputation of excellence
- Public Sector Leader of the Year recognized for their outstanding accomplishments and reputation of excellence in providing services to communities regardless of their income, physical ability or mental acuity
A nomination should include the following information:
- Nomination Category(ies)
- Nominee Name
- Cell phone and/or Work/Home Phone
- How has this person/business made a positive impact on the community?
- Has this person/business supported VCLA in the past?
- Submitter's Name
- Submitter's Email
The deadline for nominations is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 22, 2021.
These leadership awards will be presented at the virtual Journey to Leadership event, scheduled for April 29th, 2021.