Mission & Purpose
"Connecting people & issues to strengthen our county"
Purchase your ticket today!
Join us on Thursday, September 9, 2021 for our Welcome Back Celebration & Mixer
Although we continue to work through getting vaccines to everyone in our community, we're excited to invite our VCLA family back to an IN-PERSON event, to celebrate and socialize with those we've missed so much.
Ticket price includes drinks from either Flat Fish Brewing or Cantera Cellars & lots of delicious appetizers.
Ventura County Leadership Academy connects and cultivates a diverse network of passionate, capable leaders through an immersion in both critical issues shaping Ventura County and opportunities for personal and professional growth. VCLA’s comprehensive program ignites awareness and inspiration, helping cohort members discover their individual pathway toward impacting our region.
What can you expect from participating in VCLA?
- Ten focus sessions, including a trip to Sacramento. Topics may include (but not limited to):
- Public Safety
- Social Services & Healthcare
- Local Government & the Legislative Process
- Housing & Transportation
- Water & Agriculture
- Arts & Culture
- Leadership Training
- Community Explorations - Cohorts are divided into small groups & assigned a community to explore
- Get Togethers with Cohort and Alumni – optional monthly happy hours and annual mixers
- Cohort Ice-Breakers and Community Building - get to know your fellow Cohort members
- Graduation Ceremony - Attended by family, friends, alumni with certificates of commendation on behalf of VCLA and numerous elected officials
Specific objectives of Ventura County Leadership Academy are:
- To create a leadership development program incorporating, business, social services, education, community, government, and cultural issues throughout Ventura County;
- To promote the inclusion of diverse groups of individuals;
- To broaden the awareness, understanding and appreciation of a variety of critical issues affecting life in Ventura County, through contacts with community leaders, and participation in workshops, field studies, and related programs.
Ventura County Leadership Academy was a rewarding experience that I highly recommend. During the nine-month academy, I was exposed to a variety of wealth and knowledge about Ventura County's culture, history, and economy. Best of all, I leave with long lasting friendships!
~ Su-lin Rubalcava, Cohort XIII
Copyright 2019. VC Leadership All rights reserved. Design And Developed by: SlapShot Studio